Monday, August 6, 2012

All work and not enough play...

I have been so busy this summer with work. Like too busy which has left little time for summer fun (including having to cancel a trip to SF to see my little Meg...soooooo bummed). But it has been good and will be well worth it when I get to take a few weeks off and head to Germany for lots and lots of FUN. Since I keep forgetting to take the time to blog I thought I'd finally take a couple minutes and share some of the exciting work stuff I've been up to (hey, it might be a job but it's a pretty good one) and some of the fun I've squeezed in. xoxo



This was the entrance at The Four Seasons Hotel for the Magic Mike junket. I interviewed Matthew McCounaughey, Channing Tatum and the rest of the guys. They were hot...the movie was not. 







You know why I love doing junkets? THE FOOD! 




Did you see the Academy Award winning movie from 2011, The Artist? Hands down the best movie I saw last year and the real star....was Uggie, the dog! Well, at his old age of 10, he has retired from show biz and I went to the celebration. He also left his paw prints permanently in front of the famous Grauman's Chinese Theater. The cutest shoot I have EVER done. 













Might be hard to believe but it's been 40 years since the movie "Deliverance" came out and it was harder to believe that I got to interview the cast (Jon Voight, Burt Reynolds, Ned Beatty and Ronny Cox). Ture Hollywood legends.  



Me...at the BET Awards. It was HOT. 



Samuel L. Jackson at the BET Awards



the "reporter" standing in front of me at the BET Awards...I had no chance to push past that to get up front



We interviewed Martin Sheen at an event in Malibu. I could have listened to him talk all day. 




I also did a special on the movies of 1987 hosted by Lou Diamond Phillips. Shot host wraps with him in Pasadena. I forgot to get a photo but if you want to take a look at the promo and clips, check it out here. 
http://www.reelz.com/trailer-clips/64616/reelz-rewind-1987/




Hanging in LA with Jimmy B...






Hiking with Zigs...





Ziggy wasn't as excited as Hot Stuff and I were to watch "The Bachelorette" 





The neighborhood watch dog, Annie, swallowed a bee and got stung...and passed away. So sad but this was the memorial everyone put together for her (The LA Times did a story on it)



dinner party at my place (Ziggy loves Hot Stuff's BF, J)





Zigster on the phone to London with J's mum and dad






And chilling with HS before we headed....



to a Los Feliz street fair and wine/beer garden



Zigmon and me in Santa Fe (had to go to the Q for work)



ok, this is an ice cream baked potato we ordered for lunch in SF (ALL of that is ice cream...)





J ordered a Bitburger and I was so excited to take a pic...until we realized it was BB Drive...meaning no alcohol (what's the point?)


Me and Hot Stuff having some wine time





plants/flowers i planted outside my apartment door. fingers crossed these ones make it more than a week





Anyway, looking back, I'd say Ziggy had a really great summer! Hope you all are too! And looking forward to an amazing August!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I've been in withdrawals without your blog. I'm glad you updated it and I got to see a summary of your summer. I love the flowers you planted. Hope they live...I'm so bad with plants too, I don't understand what the point of a non-alcoholic Bitburger is either...haha. Love all the pictures of Ziggy! I enjoyed seeing all of your press picture and who you interviewed. Miss and love you so much! Oh- and I'm so sad you had to cancel SF too...BUT I can't wait to see you in Germany!!!

    ReplyDelete