Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Zwanzig sechs Nummer zwei


After taking almost six weeks off from running after my horrible bike crash/injury, I started up again the weekend before last in Santa Fe and this past weekend did 14 miles. It felt awesome to be back at it and now am more excited than I've ever been for my next 26.2 mile race, or as they say in Deutschland, Zwanzig sechs Nummer zwei or 42.195 kilometers. I'm doing the Berlin Marathon on September 30 and can't wait for my Dad and S to be there to cheer me on and see me cross the finish line! They say it's the biggest marathon party on the fastest course in the world and I am PUMPED! Also, it's the 39th BMW Berlin Marathon which is pretty cool since we will be driving their new X6 to the capital city. My goal is to do the 5 World Marathon Majors (Boston, Berlin, Chicago, London, New York) and in 7 weeks, 4 days, 13 hours and 27 minutes (from right now), I will have three under my running sneakers. Doesn't it look like a beautiful race? 














1 comment:

  1. It does look beautiful. It's so awesome that you are going to be running through the historic city of Berlin. I'm so proud of you and just wish I can be there. It will be such a huge accomplishment too after your struggles related to a certain bicycle injury.

    ReplyDelete